Welcome

The issues of the teacher librarians and para-professionals in California School Libraries. Please share your concerns, feedback and questions.

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Meet CSLASR Section 3 Representative Lesley Ogle

 Meet Lesley Ogle

I am currently the high school and district librarian at Arcadia Unified near Pasadena. I am originally from Shafter but spent the first part of career working in Tulare. I made the big move to Los Angeles 4 years ago and am loving it! I really enjoy traveling, trying new restaurants, and watching live theater and comedy shows. 

Vision for CSLA

I am so excited to represent my section on the southern board! I use CSLA as a way to connect with other school library employees, so I'm hoping to continue to build our southern region networking events. CSLA is a powerful organization for us, but it can only succeed when members are willing to step up and make these events happen. I thought about running for years but always chickened out. Now that I have met more people and have gotten more involved, it was an easy choice to run for a position myself. When you work with good people for a good cause, it's much easier to get things done. I can't wait to get started!

Why did you Join CSLA

CSLA has provided a wealth of networking opportunities for me. Most of us work in districts with very few library employees, so it can be hard to collaborate with coworkers on a regular basis. Having a network of competent and caring library workers has been so helpful. The annual conference obviously provides a full weekend of growth and interaction, but the smaller, local events throughout the year provide even more ways to meet others in the field and grow from their experiences.

Follow Lesley

@bookedallyear 

No comments:

Post a Comment