Welcome

The issues of the teacher librarians and para-professionals in California School Libraries. Please share your concerns, feedback and questions.

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Meet CSLA NR Section 2 Representative Amy Linden

 We would like to introduce NR Section 2 Representative Amy Linden

Meet Amy

I think this will be my third term as a representative for CSLA NR section 2. I have an amazing husband, Bob, and we have two grown sons. In my non-library time, I like to work in my garden, bake, tackle crazy house renovations, go to the gym (so I can bake more), and participate in my local community theater. I'm also a nut for history and Disney, and I especially enjoy traveling the U.S. and the world to experience cultures and historic places when I can.

Vision for CSLA

I hope to represent the diverse needs of the membership in NR Section 2, which includes library staff working in a variety of positions across a vast area of 18 counties. I would encourage you to become a member of this organization as it is a tremendous resource to everyone in the school library community and it is run by your library colleagues. Better yet, get involved in a CSLA committee or as a section representative or board officer.

Why did you join CSLA?

Perhaps the greatest benefit of membership in CSLA is the professional networking. I have met the most extraordinary educators/leaders/creative thinkers over the years through CSLA events and activities. The CSLA annual conference and section professional development opportunities have encouraged me to keep trying new things and have helped me stay current so I can provide the best possible library services to the students of my school and relevant PD for teachers and other library staff.

Follow Amy

Twitter @EDLibrary
Instagram @edhs_library

No comments:

Post a Comment