Welcome

The issues of the teacher librarians and para-professionals in California School Libraries. Please share your concerns, feedback and questions.

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Meet CSLA VP of Professional Development Sara Smith

 We would like to introduce VP of Professional Development Sara Smith



Meet Sara

I have been the Teacher Librarian at Sanger High for seven years, and it has been the best job I've ever had.  I get to hang out with books, help all of my colleagues with resources and tech skills, and meet every student on campus.  I have a huge passion for graphic novels, which is evident by the major collection I've curated on my campus. I also read and review graphic novels on my blog, www.graphiclibrary.org.  Other than reading, I enjoy watching HGTV too much, and snuggling with any of my 3 cats.

Vision for CSLA

I want the Professional Development office to encompass a year-long plan with workshops, webinars, and other learning opportunities to benefit our members.  My plan is to have 1-2 webinars a month, 1 workshop, and a playdate.  Playdates are a new learning opportunity President Lisa Bishop had envisioned where members can come and play with a tool, talk about a concept, and just have a low-stakes opportunity to try things out.

Why did you join CSLA?

The biggest reason to join is the networking with other professionals.  I am the only Teacher Librarian in my district at a site, so I don't get a lot of collaboration opportunities other than through the people I know from going to CSLA events.  I now have friends up and down the state of California who I can reach out to and discuss issues or collaborate with.  

Follow Sara

@sm_wordsmith - Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment