Welcome

The issues of the teacher librarians and para-professionals in California School Libraries. Please share your concerns, feedback and questions.

Monday, February 1, 2021

Meet CSLA VP of Communications Trevor Foglesong

 We would like to introduce Trevor Foglesong VP of Communications

Meet Trevor

I became teacher librarian for Upland High school in 2015 after many years at the school as an English teacher. It was not in my career plans to be a librarian but when the librarian retired, many people at the school felt I would be a good fit. I have always had a love for libraries and I had my students in the library often.

I have some interests and hobbies that might not fit into what might be considered typical for librarians. I was in a punk rock band when I was in high school and before social distancing required, I would still go to concerts with my adult children. I also used to prepare and drive in demolition derbies in my free time.

Vision for CSLA

I hope to be a part of the voice that champions the need for librarians today. With the increasing access to information through questionable sources on the internet and increasing challenges for students to critically evaluate these sources, we need librarians more than ever. I want to be part of the reason people come to know this to be true.

Why did you join CSLA?

I joined CSLA because of the community. I come from a district in which I am the only teacher librarian. I wanted to know the questions, successes, and struggles of other teacher librarians so that I could plan how to be more effective in my position.

I found that community and now I am hoping to pay it forward as other new librarians come searching as I did.

Follow Trevor

Twitter - @TrevorTechTL

No comments:

Post a Comment